The Columbia Basin Fish & Wildlife Library collects and provides access to physical and digital materials supporting fish and wildlife research in the Columbia River Basin. Subject coverage includes:
- Gray literature, such as research performed by state and federal governments, non-governmental organizations, tribes, academic institutions, and independent contractors;
- Policy and litigation;
- Natural history of the basin;
- Columbia River treaty tribes;
- CRITFC institutional knowledge;
- Source data documents for the StreamNet project;
- General fish, fisheries, aquatic, and wildlife science.
The Library welcomes donations of materials that support the Columbia River Basin fish and wildlife research community. This includes both gray and published literature.
The Library will not accept the following materials:
- Textbooks more than ten years old
- Items we already own (unless they are heavily used by patrons)
- Older editions of items we currently own
- Print journal articles or issues
- Materials in poor condition
Donated materials become the sole property of the Library. The Library reserves the right to dispose of or donate materials that are not added to the collection.